I left Asante Kotoko because of Prosper Ogum's actions toward me during training - Abdulai Gazale

Abdulai Gazale


A disagreement with his former supervisor, Prosper Narteh Ogum, caused Abdulai Gazale, the former assistant coach of Asante Kotoko and current manager of Northern City, to resign.

Ogum stated that, for unspecified reasons, he was unable to collaborate with Gazale once more upon assuming his current role.

When Gazale joined the Porcupine Warriors in 2019, he was hired to help Maxwell Konadu as an assistant coach. However, once his boss left, Gazale was left to manage the team's young division.

He has been doing that for the previous few years, and he has also periodically joined the first team, most notably two seasons ago when, following the dismissal of Burkinabe coach Seydou Zerbo, he filled in as the squad's temporary coach.

Now that the season has begun, Abdulai Gazale has given an explanation for the incident in training involving him and Ogum that caused him to resign from his post ahead of schedule.

"At first, Ogum didn't think less of me, but eventually, a few players confided in me that if I correct a mistake in them during practice, Ogum's posture looks bad. I informed the senior players that I hadn't noticed that even though they had told me that. Remember, they were accustomed to me since I had worked with some of the players under Maxwell, Smith, and Berreto," Gazale said to Sagani TV, which is headquartered in Tamale.
 


"I didn't realize it for a long time until it continued. The situation got to the point where Coach Ogum and the other coaches would not even let me observe their plans if they were involved in a training program.

Following that, I requested a meeting with Nana Yaw Amponsah to inform her that I was leaving the team and would like to stand down. I asked, but Nana Yaw Amponsah turned me down. It went on, and I quit going to training before Ogum could inform Nana Yaw that he could no longer work with me. 

Source: footballghana.com

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post