Emma Raducanu encountered a challenging Slam situation, which Barbora Krejcikova managed to dodge.

Emma Raducanu


Barbora Krejcikova has justified Emma Raducanu's lack of Grand Slam success over the past three years, arguing that it was easier for the Czech to win her second Major because her first victory didn't occur until much later in her career, when she wasn't yet fully ready and evolved.

Both Raducanu and Krejcikova won the Grand Slam in 2021. That year, Raducanu made history at the age of 18 by being the first qualifier to win a Major at the US Open, while Krejcikova, who is now 28 years old, won her maiden Grand Slam match at the French Open.

Both Raducanu and Krejcikova enjoyed their finest Slam runs since their respective victories in 2021 at this past Wimbledon. The 21-year-old Briton advanced to the round of 16, her first Grand Slam second week since the 2021 US Open, while the Czech won her second Major.

Asking about the challenge of winning a Major at such a young age, Krejcikova shared her thoughts after defeating Jasmine Paolini in this year's Wimbledon final and guaranteeing that her career would not end with only one Slam.

"With the expectations and everything, it must have been difficult for Emma to win a Grand Slam at such a young age," Krejcikova said to L'Equipe.



"I was 25, and the timing was right." I was able to handle it, continue to produce strong outcomes and rise to the top of the international rankings. You must possess leadership abilities. That's something that certain people possess. There are followers among others.

We occasionally get the idea that organizations choose the leaders. Some accept it, yet doing so can be fatal to others. But I wonder, are we more concerned with your social media profile or the caliber of tennis?

Since beginning her comeback at the beginning of this season, Raducanu has frequently preached patience after facing intense criticism and scrutiny over the previous few years. Following a grass-court season in which she achieved her first two top-10 victories, her first WTA semifinal since 2022 in Nottingham, a trip to the Wimbledon round of 16, and her first top-100 return in fifteen months, the British player expressed her satisfaction while emphasizing the importance of trusting the process and not hurrying anything.

When considering her grass season, Raducanu remarked, "I beat two top-10 players within two weeks [Jessica Pegula in Eastbourne and Maria Sakkari in Wimbledon third round], which is a fairly huge deal for me, given that I didn't play one top-10 player the entire US Open."

"I believe I must draw confidence from that. When I was recovering from surgery six months ago, I would have signed up for Wimbledon's fourth round.



"I'm disappointed, of course. Naturally, I'm craving more. Everything, in my opinion, does have a purpose. It simply stokes the flames and increases my appetite. Things shouldn't happen too soon or too readily. That's what I had with the US Open win. I'm not necessarily looking for a huge spike.

"I believe I'm making progress there, heading in the correct path. That passion and desire have returned. All I want to do is keep developing that."

Raducanu said something that created news throughout Great Britain just a few weeks before Wimbledon's commencement: she predicted that she would win The Championships this year or at some point in the future.

"I feel wonderful. I'm training extremely hard, playing well, and doing a lot of positive things, so I know it will happen. Before this year's Wimbledon, Raducanu told Grazia, "If not this Wimbledon, the next Wimbledon."

"I really believe in and support myself. Really, it's only a question of when. I've been acting appropriately, so I'm just excited to perform for my own audience."

Raducanu performed rather well at The All-England Club following her highly assured statement. She began the tournament with three consecutive set victories before losing unexpectedly to qualifier Lulu Sun in the round of 16.

Barbora Krejcikova


Raducanu demonstrated that her game was incredibly difficult on grass and that she was capable of going far at The Championships, even though she was unable to win Wimbledon this year.

Raducanu's next Grand Slam, meanwhile, will take place at the US Open, the scene of her first and only Major to date.
 
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post