Nick Kyrgios funnily tells why Carlos Alcaraz is making him reevaluate his comeback.

Nick Kyrgios


After expressing his sincere wish to get back into professional tennis, Nick Kyrgios paused briefly and joked that Carlos Alcaraz would make him rethink his goals.

Kyrgios was watching Alcaraz's Wimbledon final victory over Novak Djokovic on Sunday from the commentary booth. It was only two years earlier that Kyrgios had faced the Serb in the same Wimbledon stage match on the same court.

Even though Kyrgios has been enjoying his position with the BBC for the past two weeks, he was even more inspired to make a quick comeback after witnessing 21-year-old Alcaraz win back-to-back Wimbledon titles.

"This is the world's greatest event and the greatest Grand Slam together. "You become tennis immortality if you win this event," Kyrgios stated on the BBC.

To be honest, looking at all of the stuff makes me really want to get back out there. I was very near [in 2022], but he (Alcaraz) will be present and will obstruct the path. Thus, I'm no longer so sure."

Kyrgios discusses his BBC job and tennis future.

Nick Kyrgios


Kyrgios received recognition for his match analysis and intelligence all throughout Wimbledon. The 29-year-old Australian believes he has done fairly well thus far, but he also emphasizes that he is not yet prepared to give up his racket and dedicate himself full-time to tennis broadcasting.

"I believe I performed reasonably well for the BBC." It's been a lot of fun, and Tim and I seem to be a fantastic team. Still, I'm just as driven as ever," Kyrgios said.

"I faced off against top players like Andy Murray, Novak, Rafa Nadal, and Roger Federer when I was 21 and 22 years old. I believe I have a strong chance of knocking on the door for a Slam if I can return to where I was in 2022."

Kyrgios also stated in the interview that when he comes back, he will play doubles first.
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post