My wife was on the verge of divorcing me because I sponsored Hearts of Oak with my kids' school fees - Harry Zakour

Harry Zakour


Harry Zakour, the former CEO of Hearts of Oak, has disclosed that he nearly went through with a divorce due to his use of their kids' tuition money to support the club.

He said that he had to pay the school fees since the club needed to meet its travel expenses for a competition.

The seasoned politician and football administrator Muftawu Nabila said in an interview with Joy News that this choice significantly strained his marriage and nearly resulted in a divorce.

"I covered the team's competition travel costs and ticket costs. In order to fulfill those payments, I utilized my children's school tuition, and my wife nearly filed for divorce.

 He further said that their marriage was preserved since the matter was settled amicably.

Considered one of the most successful club CEOs in Ghanaian football history, Zakour spent six years as the head of Hearts of Oak.

His greatest success came in 2000, when the team won the Africa CAF Champions League, the Africa Premier League, the Ghana FA Cup, and the Africa Super Cup. Zakour, who had previously served as Chairman of Great Olympics, was also a member of Hearts of Oak.

Source: footballghana.com 
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post